TIGER RUN 2007

Everyday general street luge and gravity sports discussion.

Moderator: Street-Luge.com

TIGER RUN 2007

Postby HIT MAN » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:10 pm

Thinking about Tiger Mtn in March. Anyone out there interested in the finest hills in Georgia? Completely outlaw weekend and ride at your own risk but several runs and at different skill levels.

Clayton, Ga. and Rabun County in general. If you are intrested post here and I'll start to work out the logistics of lodging, ect.

DA HIT MAN
John

Florida Rules!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
HIT MAN

Postby Roland6250 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:37 pm

I'm in for any weekend but the last (30,31,1)

Roland

What was that? Florida Drools? 8)
Roland6250

Postby WVUStreetLuge » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:26 pm

I would like to attend one of those, but school is interfering with everything haha, but college does have its benefits!

Oh yeah and FLORIDA GATORS NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!!!
Team Tri-State
WVUStreetLuge

Postby HIT MAN » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:59 pm

Thank You, at least we have some ligitimacy for our Gators and did we spank them undefeated Buckeyes or what!!!? Urban is a genius! Ok Roland I will get with everyone and try to get a date that works for all. Talk to Neil yet :twisted: ? Let me know. John
HIT MAN

tiger run

Postby Smokin Joe !!! » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:15 am

cool john of coarse Im in what would tiger run be with out me?....lol......cool dude Ill be headin up to munnsville feb 11 hangin with crash corner its his b-day say hi dude...............smoke...........Bill you gotta go dude!!!!
Smokin Joe !!!

Postby HIT MAN » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:19 pm

Hey Joe!!!! Good to hear from you my friend. I wouldn't consider a Tiger run without you! It's been over a year since my last trip up there and I'd like to find some new runs. Doing some electronic topo searches of the area to cut down on wasted scouting time. That's how I found 80% of the runs we do. I would really like to check the area around Helen, nice roads and party central! Good time can be had there. Will set up date soon since Roland is out for the last weekend.
John
:twisted:
HIT MAN

Tiger Mtn

Postby DrNo » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:39 pm

My son will be coming out March 17th or 18th and will be here until April 8th, if it's around that time I can bring him out to show you Florida boys how to ride....LOL
DrNo

Postby Smokin Joe !!! » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:40 pm

cool dude! You know Ill show got the newer cam like you had at NY works like a charm,lookin forward to ridin again..........smoke
Smokin Joe !!!

Tiger Run

Postby CL80N » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:54 pm

Sounds like a good time... I remember seeing pix posted from previous runs and it did look like some nice riding. I'm definately interested... I'm down near Hilton Head Is, but ride around Greenville SC on a regular basis... it's not too much further. Truth is, I've been riding for about a year now and I have'nt even met anybody else that rides, except for those pour souls I've been able to drag out with me... that alone would be worth the trip.

ps. The roads around Greenville are'nt that bad either... check out the following @ youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noh-6PBS-EM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2p6-aPk ... er&search=

...and feel free to critique my style, I'm sure I could use some constructive criticism.
CL80N

Location: Live Near Hilton Head Is, Ride the Blue Ridge Mtns. near Greenville SC

Postby HIT MAN » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:15 pm

Everyone is welcome Clayton. HMMMMMMMMMM Clayton in Clayton?.....Gotta be a joke there somewhere! My parents live in York SC and my brother lives just outside Gaffney and every time I go up to visit I try to find some hills. So far it looks like third weekend in March, but still waiting to find out what works for all. So how about it all.... March 23-25 sound any good? John
HIT MAN

Postby HIT MAN » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:21 pm

That would be great Neil! I would love to ride with you guys, don't think I've ever had the pleasure of your company on a luge run, even after 5 years and 8 or so events IGSA and GSI. I would really like to locate a race down here in the south and this area has potential for a good event. After years of the racing experience, I'd love the oppurtunity to hold an event down here. john
HIT MAN

Postby Roland6250 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:54 am

March 23-25? I'm in. Everyone bring a video camera and I'll produce another set of Tiger Mountain DVDs. I'd love to have second perspective video on some of the runs to add to my video.

After all I could only get one perspective on Tony going through the right hander on Seed Tick Rd. :D

Hey Tony don't forget your buttboard :twisted:
Roland6250

Postby Sharp » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:49 pm

I'm game if y'all don't mind another tagalong...It'd be sweet to get some seat time with experienced riders.

I'll bring along Bob's race flags and my new camcorder to contribute to the footage cause...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RY6DCjyH2o

keep me posted on the details...
Sharp

Postby HIT MAN » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:07 pm

Alright then, this is shaping up to be a good time! Anyone is welcome. So far sounds like 8-10 riders will be showing up, so I better get to work on all the logistical details. All we hope for is the weather to cooperate! Heading out to Clermont this weekend for a little downhill fun :o . John
HIT MAN

Postby Auld » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:04 pm

I find it hard to let this opportunity go by. I've heard nothing but great things about riding in the area. I have no vacation left (and it's only Feb!) but will do my best.

What is the best city to fly into? Atlanta? Is Clayton the home base or just the riding area?

I'm tired of lugging my shit around airports (10 years tired). Any chance someone in the area could accept a package of my stuff?

Hope I can work it out...

Dave
Auld

Next

Return to Street Luge Discussion Room